Re: syncrepl configuration possibilities

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the info, I have been doing some investigations and am making progress but have similar question.

Is it possible to implement syncrepl in one slapd instance for example replicating from one internal database to another eg.

dc=A,dc=example,dc=com

dc=A,dc=replica,dc=internal

Thanks in advance.

Laurence

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Laurence Field <Laurence.Field@cern.ch> writes:

Hi,

I am investigating the use of syncrepl to improve the efficiency of
the transport mechanism that we are currently using in a world-wide
distributed OpenLDAP deployment.

If LDAP server A has information under
"cn=my_resource,dc=example,dc=com" is it possible to replicate this
information to LDAP server B but slightly modify the DN so that this
becomes a sub tree of a larger tree eg.
"cn=my_resource,cn=my_group,dc=example,dc=com"?

Alternative suggestions are welcome and I would be happy to explain
what we are trying to do in more detail if anyone is interested.

In principle this is possible, but needs some redesign of your
consumer hosts. There are several options, i.e. slapd-ldap(5),
slapd-relay(5), slapo-rwm(5).

-Dieter