Re: ldapmodify is modifying my code

Right you are. Thankyou. There really is no predicting what will happen
to your data when you work outside the spec.

I've changed it by moving my data into a file which now looks like this:

dn: cn=newgrou1,ou=Groups,dc=moores,dc=ca
changetype: modify
add: memberUid
memberUid: newuser1
add: member
member: uid=newuser1,ou=People,dc=moores,dc=ca

Then I run ldapmodify like this:

/usr/bin/ldapmodify -v -y /etc/ldap.secret -D cn=admin,dc=moores,dc=ca
-xH ldap://localhost -f ~/test.ldif

Now my reply is this:

ldap_initialize( ldap://localhost:389/??base )
ldapmodify: wrong attributeType at line 5, entry
"cn=newgrou1,ou=Groups,dc=moores,dc=ca"

Fingering my user and group reviels the following. (note the existing
member entry is from manually creating it via a GUI):

root@bison:~/ldapscripts.bkp# ldapfinger -g newgrou1
dn: cn=newgrou1,ou=Groups,dc=moores,dc=ca
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: posixGroup
gidNumber: 65535
member: uid=test,dc=ca
cn: newgrou1

root@bison:~/ldapscripts.bkp# ldapfinger newuser1
dn: uid=newuser1,ou=People,dc=moores,dc=ca
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson