[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Issues in Performance Tesing of OpenLDAP using SLAMD
Shilpa Sethi wrote:
I changed the approach for Performance testing. We developed an in-house Java based tool that uses JLDAP library to query openLDAP database.
4 injector machines were used to inject the Traffic to two openLDAP server running in Mirror-mode replication.
However result pattern obtained is very similar to those reported by SLAMD.
PFA, the result sheet that shows query made to Openldap by 4 machines and the respective response time/interval.
Please look into the sheet attached and suggest a possible cause for such a behavior by openLDAP. In some intervals the responses returned are very high while in some others it is 0.
Looking forward for a positive reply from the members of forum.
You haven't provided any useful information to which anyone can respond.
Benchmarking is a lot more demanding than just tuning, but you haven't even
provided any indication that you've done the basic tuning.
You haven't provided the basic information about server configurations or
platform or software versions. You haven't provided any information on your
data characteristics or query types. You haven't provided any information on
the network topology, client load generator characteristics, etc.
Without such basic information, it's impossible to give any meaningful advice.
Please note - Cache was primed before the queries were made.
A R I C E N T
Plot 6, Electronic City,
Sector - 18,
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:03 AM
To: Shilpa Sethi; email@example.com
Subject: RE: Issues in Performance Tesing of OpenLDAP using SLAMD
--On Friday, November 14, 2008 5:49 PM +0530 Shilpa Sethi
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
I Tried out further tests with a set of 50 clients with 1 thread.
I used 2 slamd client manager from 2 different DL585 machines, Further,
Started 50 clients on both the servers making in all 100 SLAMD clients.
The results obtained with the tests with 60, 80 and 100 clients resulted
in CPU Utilization of 100% in the initial run of ten minutes. CPU
reported an average of 100% utilized while after 10 minutes, it started
oscillating between 0% utilized and 100% utilized, resulting in slow down
(a) Did you prime the cache before you ran your read test?
(b) You may have to adjust interval periods between reads on the slamd
clients if you're shooting for a particular CPU usage rate. That was never
the objective of any of my tests, so I don't know.
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/