RE: Issues in Performance Tesing of OpenLDAP using SLAMD

Hi,

Information that you asked for was provided in the first mail to the forum about the issue.
http://markmail.org/message/bqkx6tk5gmc3fuw4

However, describing the setup again here for quick reference:

Aim - Benchmark openLDAP Server.
Hardware Used
**************
Test Servers -
1.  Two identical servers (Servers 'NodeA' and 'NodeB') with the following configuration:
    *   Sun Fire X4200 M2 x64 Server
    *   2x AMD Opteron Model 2220 (2.8GHz/1MB) processor
    *   1x 4GB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 memory
    *   2x 146GB HDD 15K RPM (Hardware RAID-1, so available disk space is 146GB).

Load Generator Server Specs -
1. One Server with specifications :
    *   Sun Fire X4200 M2 x64 Server
    *   2x AMD Opteron Model 2218
    *   4x 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 memory
    *   4x 73GB HDD 10K RPM.
2. Two DL585 Machines with specifications:
    *    2x AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8220
    *    8Gb memory

Software installation common to all servers:
 1.  JDK 1.6
 2.  OpenLDAP version 2.3.43.0 (CDS 3.11.0)

For traffic injection, Java based in-house tool that is built over JLDAP library is being used.

The database is having 1 Million subscribers and both the cache sizes are set as follows in slapd.conf :
cachesize       250000
idlcachesize    250000 i.e 25% of the subscriber base.

bdb cache settings in DB_CONFIG
set_cachesize   1       0       1

Node A and Node B are setup in Mirror-Mode replication.

Read Traffic -
Read Query to the LDAP aims to retrieve a non-indexed 10 digit numbered attribute.
This number is generated at random using Java based tool mentioned above.

Servers are connected via 1 Gbps Switch in a star topology.
Cache was primed prior to running test.

Hope the information provided would suffice or let me know if further info is required to resolve the matter. Also please suggest what all should be included in the system tuning.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shilpa Sethi

A R I C E N T