Re: Trouble with nisnetgrouptriple syntax / RFC 2307

Jeff Blaine wrote:
Interesting.

First, thanks for the reply.  Second, I apologize for "sanitizing"
my example with fake names in the nisNetgroupTriples because it
dodged the actual problem.

It appears the problem is with underscores in the triples'
values:

    nisNetgroupTriple: (-,foo_bar,)

Apparently an underscore is not valid in a 'keystring'?

An underscore __should__ be valid in the username part of nisNetgroupTriple, since it seems to be valid in usernames (alnum, "-", "_", ".", as far as I can tell, which means current code misses the "_"), although I don't have any authoritative reference handy.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309