Re: Trouble with nisnetgrouptriple syntax / RFC 2307

First, thanks for the reply.  Second, I apologize for "sanitizing"
my example with fake names in the nisNetgroupTriples because it
dodged the actual problem.

It appears the problem is with underscores in the triples'

    nisNetgroupTriple: (-,foo_bar,)

Apparently an underscore is not valid in a 'keystring'?

This is OpenLDAP 2.4.9

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Jeff Blaine wrote:
I've come across the same problem as the original poster found

The only reply to him indicated that his syntax was incorrect
for nisnetgrouptriple according to RFC 2307.

I cannot see how it is invalid based on the syntax definition
from RFC 2307.

My example:

dn: cn=users1,ou=Netgroup,dc=rcf,dc=foo,dc=com
objectClass: nisNetgroup
objectClass: top
cn: users1
nisNetgroupTriple: (-,asgen2m,)
nisNetgroupTriple: (-,apdons,)
nisNetgroupTriple: (-,ffeins,)
nisNetgroupTriple: (-,faullton,)

The syntax definition:

 nisnetgrouptriple = "(" hostname "," username "," domainname ")"
 hostname          = "" / "-" / keystring
 username          = "" / "-" / keystring
 domainname        = "" / "-" / keystring

Does that not state that hostname, username, domainname can each be ANY of:

Your example loads seamlessly on OpenLDAP 2.4. What version are you using? What's the exact issue you're encountering?

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
Office:  +39 02 23998309
Mobile:  +39 333 4963172