[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl
- From: Sam Tran <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:37:50 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=n+HMThBIpshrO3fUsexogaUsPd7ahFYPUM1StT4HVkA=; b=gQk+g8kwfvWzgaxbEvZrDwDxN0AqTqq+yXojK4GvOp/bNG4bzv9WiqNhelnnvM+VXq XQdZm22my6ozvJtjuB6YogCMByyZ2iM3ExgcKC6k/jiHZq39jSXwXUj3E3npFvSVEftB ggj+EWLHsBgbme4AqkjuoPUJSQr7jZsGKugTc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kuZctSC95tLuyIzQ2pJvwoqmjS1cdk34ZQTOqLNEW5Q+6m8IqKNM7S1uJQsUApuM07 naR3WheBbQPsqy4VXOe2AXr3hzSHfMFvGMVhyVcwZ2JDTvqvCSq4qGg4MlUY7v6zA12H +MbKVo1nLW2T4sPzZHJrN6IpetYa5TZp+Tmc8=
- In-reply-to: <5F484C8C988AC5476841708F@192.168.1.199>
- References: <email@example.com> <5F484C8C988AC5476841708F@192.168.1.199>
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> --On Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:34 PM -0400 Sam Tran <email@example.com>
>> Hi All,
>> I am looking to upgrade our OL 2.3 platform to OL 2.4.
>> For all write operations, I'd like to have two masters in Mirror Mode
>> configuration and behind a load balancer with a virtual IP (VIP)
>> address. All read operations will be performed on a set of replicas.
>> The replication mode would be delta-syncrepl. I am trying to figure
>> out how to configure replication between the replicas and the masters.
>> I came across those two threads that seem to address this issue:
>> If I understand correctly, there are two possible configurations:
>> 1) On each replica, create a single syncrepl stanza that points to the
>> load balancer VIP.
>> 2) On each replica, creates two syncrepl stanzas, each one pointing to
>> a different master.
>> Could you please confirm that both configurations would work? Should
>> the second configuration be favored over the first for it does not
>> depend on the load balancer?
> I don't know the answer, but let me know when you figure it out. ;) I'd
> guess the first option would be best, since only one master will be
> receiving the writes as well, since you'll be using mirror mode.
I was planning to use the load balancer in the 2nd configuration as
well. In both cases only a single master will receive the write
requests. The 2nd configuration would still work in the event of a
failure of the load balancer.