Re: Mirror Mode, MMR and replicas

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:01 AM -0700 Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>
wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
A number of our clients have requested "fail-over"/redundancy
capabilities for the LDAP master, and as I'm currently working on moving
our product to use OpenLDAP 2.4, this becomes a distinct possibility.
However, I have some questions about the
viability/reliability/effectiveness of using multiple masters combined
with replicas.  I don't see these answered in the Admin Guide.

You mean, setting up regular read-only replicas slaved to the masters?

Yes.

I'll start with replication under MMR.

As I understand it, the replicas can only point at a single master.

False.

Last I checked, the provider parameter in the syncrepl configuration block was single valued. Which means either it gets pointed at a load balancer, or it only talks to a single master. If that master goes down, it no longer talks to anything without reconfiguration.

Use another syncrepl stanza.

--
  -- Howard Chu