Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade our OL 2.3 platform to OL 2.4.

For all write operations, I'd like to have two masters in Mirror Mode
configuration and behind a load balancer with a virtual IP (VIP)
address. All read operations will be performed on a set of replicas.
The replication mode would be delta-syncrepl. I am trying to figure
out how to configure replication between the replicas and the masters.
I came across those two threads that seem to address this issue:

If I understand correctly, there are two possible configurations:

1) On each replica, create a single syncrepl stanza that points to the
load balancer VIP.

2) On each replica, creates two syncrepl stanzas, each one pointing to
a different master.

Could you please confirm that both configurations would work? Should
the second configuration be favored over the first for it does not
depend on the load balancer?