Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade our OL 2.3 platform to OL 2.4.

For all write operations, I'd like to have two masters in Mirror Mode
configuration and behind a load balancer with a virtual IP (VIP)
address. All read operations will be performed on a set of replicas.
The replication mode would be delta-syncrepl. I am trying to figure
out how to configure replication between the replicas and the masters.
I came across those two threads that seem to address this issue:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200903/msg00085.html
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200903/msg00127.html

If I understand correctly, there are two possible configurations:

1) On each replica, create a single syncrepl stanza that points to the
load balancer VIP.

2) On each replica, creates two syncrepl stanzas, each one pointing to
a different master.

Could you please confirm that both configurations would work? Should
the second configuration be favored over the first for it does not
depend on the load balancer?

Thanks,
Sam