[Date Prev][Date Next]
Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl
- From: Sam Tran <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:34:06 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=qmRnSvQTgQtebLdSV8Y/JkIJV8Yv4oxoqxzvf0Rx160=; b=AACh1N/u2bbr30s3PkuWaCg4lnD07nITZ4Tn8sDpYMlu4LaiktKT9LnU7ccBiXDgtf DT5xU4B25dWNHiU+L9eXMpkLANUkQOAJoJe2zQDutXevBku8jXoL6cUskOoSq3Y2Uk8e ho6WlCR/BGrNs2ahIElxGtGmeNLj3L3Odro9A=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=C32LwMmfSX0zHtXAtWwW15WDPThC7lRGHvtsxvCuiH8pHb1/RsYKjsl2xFgBnCjNql u0RIT+SFNpGv5Utnq+oiykMgiOmr5e4FhET/dUccNuiBfiWJCqOX0Em2SilLu424had7 99+5dDiG1hiJSnb7Ba0AjdzabTWZy1kzncbp0=
I am looking to upgrade our OL 2.3 platform to OL 2.4.
For all write operations, I'd like to have two masters in Mirror Mode
configuration and behind a load balancer with a virtual IP (VIP)
address. All read operations will be performed on a set of replicas.
The replication mode would be delta-syncrepl. I am trying to figure
out how to configure replication between the replicas and the masters.
I came across those two threads that seem to address this issue:
If I understand correctly, there are two possible configurations:
1) On each replica, create a single syncrepl stanza that points to the
load balancer VIP.
2) On each replica, creates two syncrepl stanzas, each one pointing to
a different master.
Could you please confirm that both configurations would work? Should
the second configuration be favored over the first for it does not
depend on the load balancer?