Re: N-Way Replication works first time only

Calos Lopez wrote:
> 2009/6/22 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com
> <mailto:michael@stroeder.com>>
>
>     Calos Lopez wrote:
>     >
>     > I'm running OpenLDAP 2.4.11.
>     > I followed the 18.3.3. N-Way Multi-Master on the
>     >
>     http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#N-Way%20Multi-Master
>     > documentation.
>     > I setup only two servers. When I run the new configuration on the
>     > first change in one server is replicated to the other server. After
>     > that all changes that I made are not replicated. What can be causing
>     > this problem?
>
>     Especially for such a configuration you should run a recent release of
>     OpenLDAP (2.4.16 at the moment). There have been numerous fixes to
>     syncrepl since 2.4.11.
>
> Just upgraded to version 2.4.15 and the issue is exactly the same: only
> the first change is replicated to the other server. I don't think
> upgrading to version 2.4.16 will resolve this.

Why don't you take my advice serious? If you continue to ignore specific
hints nobody will bother to answer your questions in the future.

It's my strong belief that when using Open Source software one should
take care of economical aspects of the developer's and other volunteers'
spare time. So in general it's bad practice to report bugs of older
release again when these might have already been fixed in a newer
release. It's the user's obligation to prove that a bug still persists
in a recent release (or even preferrably in a recent CVS checkout).

Before making any assumptions one should look into file CHANGES of a
recent source release. For your particular issue have a look at these lines:

OpenLDAP 2.4.16 Release (2009/04/05)
[..]
        Fixed slapd syncrepl newCookie sync messages (ITS#5972)
        Fixed slapd syncrepl hang during shutdown (ITS#6011)
        Fixed slapd syncrepl too many MMR messages (ITS#6020)
        Fixed slapd syncrepl skipped entries with MMR (ITS#5988)

Ciao, Michael.