UNKNOWN attributeDescription

I have an older ldap, 2.3.27, and I recently added a new ldap
attribute called gpcmailxfergroup. Here is the schema line:

attributetype (
        NAME 'gpcmailxfergroup'
        DESC 'which group a mail id is in for the mail xfer'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
        SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
        SINGLE-VALUE )

and I added it to the objectclass for us (called gpcentry) as I
have added a number before. When I do a slapcat, I get:

UNKNOWN attributeDescription "GPCMAILXFERGROUP" inserted.

I apologize if this should be posted at umich ldap group, but
I was not sure if this might be an openldap issue. If I am wrong,
I will be glad to repost. Thanks!