Re: UNKNOWN attributeDescription

--On May 22, 2007 5:48:19 AM -0400 "Douglas B. Jones" <douglas@gpc.edu> wrote:

I have an older ldap, 2.3.27, and I recently added a new ldap attribute called gpcmailxfergroup. Here is the schema line:

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.17432.1.20
        NAME 'gpcmailxfergroup'
        DESC 'which group a mail id is in for the mail xfer'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
        SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
        SINGLE-VALUE )

and I added it to the objectclass for us (called gpcentry) as I
have added a number before. When I do a slapcat, I get:

UNKNOWN attributeDescription "GPCMAILXFERGROUP" inserted.

This error occurs when an attribute that is not known to the server is inserted. I.e., that attribute is not loaded in the schema on the server.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc -------------------- Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration