Re: WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm

On 2/23/07, matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:

Migrate now or migrate later when ldbm is removed.  BDB is faster and
offers more backup/recovery features than ldbm.

yeah we have to decide fast, and look like all  eyes on me now  for making this move :)

These are all permissions issues.  slapd rarely runs as root.  Just
make sure it runs as a user with permissions to get to all of the
directories it needs.  (including the slapd.pid file, the database
files, and anything else mentioned in the slapd.conf)

Thanks for the hint also thanks to Luca, i just changed two directives in slapd.conf to use /tmp instead of /var/run directory

pidfile /tmp/slapd.pid
argsfile /tmp/slapd.args

and now slapd is starting, i have to run 'slapd_db_recover' to get rid of warning..
ldbm_back_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; database may be inconsistent

Now only left with with 'WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm' and I am not mode to mess with master and slave atm. :)

Okay its time to confirm if this slave is getting updates from master, any idea how to confirm this, and suppose i have to monitor (my using some bash script) this replication whether its in sync or not how should i accomplished this?

I greatly appreciate you guys help and support.

Thanks. Askar