Re: WARNING: No dynamic config support for database ldbm

On 2/23/07, Asrai khn <asraikhn@gmail.com> wrote:
Matt thanks for the reply

> You can ignore that warning. It's mostly talking about ldbm's > inability to be used with cn=config and other fancy features.

So what you suggest, do we need to migrate to some other backend db or we
can use the existing ldbm and ignoring the warning? (remember this is our
primary ldap server for authenticating users for different services eg,
company php application, wiki, phpmyadmin etc

Migrate now or migrate later when ldbm is removed. BDB is faster and offers more backup/recovery features than ldbm.

> > Also- there isn't any good reason to rely on redhat for your openldap > packages. (office politics are a bad reason ;) They move much slower > than the bug fixes/releases of openldap (which are very frequent). If > you check the archives, there are a few people who keep up-to-date > rpm's around. You didn't mention slurpd, so I assume that's working > correctly, or you're using syncrepl.

Office policy :-S

our replication slave was working fine before upgrading to fc6 now its fails
to start with error ...

Checking configuration files for slapd:  WARNING: No dynamic config support
for database ldbm.
unable to open file "/var/run/slapd.pid": 13 (Permission denied)

If i remove the old db files from datadir and then start 'services ldap
start' it works fine but its not working with old db files, we you thinks i
have to setup the replication from start?

These are all permissions issues.  slapd rarely runs as root.  Just
make sure it runs as a user with permissions to get to all of the
directories it needs.  (including the slapd.pid file, the database
files, and anything else mentioned in the slapd.conf)