A Few Newbie Questions...

Hi;
I've just read the documentation twice and still have a few questions that should be relatively easy to answer:

The following should be put in DB_CONFIG, but where is that file??
    olcDbConfig: set_cachesize 0 10485760 0
    olcDbConfig: set_lg_bsize 2097512
    olcDbConfig: set_lg_dir /var/tmp/bdb-log
    olcDbConfig: set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

What do these attibutes mean, how are they applicable and why would I want to index them? I understand SQL notation. Could someone give me a similar example?
    pres (present),eq (equality),approx (approximate),sub (substring)

This line causes an equality index for the objectClass attribute type, but what does that mean? Can you give me an example?
    index objectClass eq

Why does one define this:
        dn: cn="example"
    and later in the same entry define this:
        cn=example

Can one preface non-Standard Track names with numbers or number/letter combinations?

TIA,
Ted2