Re: Write to Disk?

"Golden Butler" <golden@cnt.org> writes:

> :o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
> xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
>
> Yesterday, we lost power due to an power outage and our openldap server went
> down.  When power was restored and the server was back up,:p>
>
> I noticed that a lot of entries that I have entered over a period of time
> (about two months) were gone!  Is there a way to ensure that openldap write
> changes to the database to disk instantly?  Any help or suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated, thanks.:p>
>
> :p>
>
> - Golden:p>

 In general slapd writes to disk as soon as possible, depending on
 pending read operations, that is, a delay of a few seconds my
 occur. Not writing to disk for a few month seems to  be quite odd.If
 you use a bdb or hdb database you might try to  recover the database
 by means of db_recover.
In order to force slapd to write to disk you may define a checkpoint in
slapd.conf(5)

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung