Re: Problem when insert and modify entry with many attribute

On 7/27/06, andrea <battaglia@exentrica.it> wrote:
Hi,
i've installed openldap 2.3.20 and Berkeley db 4.2.52.
 I'm trying to import an entry with 500000 attributes (attribute is the same
and is multivalue) with slapadd.

ex:

domain: domain1.it
domain: domain2.it
.
.
domain:domain500000.it

I obtain the error when i'm using BDB database:

../sbin/slapadd -v -f ../etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l finale.ldif

added: "o=mailce" (00000001)
added: "cn=Manager,o=mailce" (00000002)
bdb(o=mailce): Lock table is out of available locks
=> bdb_idl_insert_key: c_get failed: Cannot allocate memory (12)
=> bdb_tool_entry_put: index_entry_add failed: Accessing a corrupted shared
library (80)
=> bdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! Accessing a corrupted shared library
(80)

I think: Lock table is out of available locks Is the key to this problem. Research on sleepycat for a way to increase the size of the lock table, and I think you'll be in business. Probably something along the lines of set_lk_max_locks (although your database might already be corrupted)

slapadd: could not add entry dn="providerName=test,o=mailce" (line=3000036):
txn_aborted! Accessing a corrupted shared library (80)

Setting in slapd.conf:
database bd
cachesize 4000000
checkpoint  512 720
dbnosync
dirtyread
searchtack 5

I don't have any error when I'm using LDBM database. If add the entry with LDBM database I've this problem:

I'm searching to modify the entry ( add attribute  , modify attribute ,
etc ).
I'm using ldapmodify, but the operation time is very long and I cannot
modify the entry.

I suspect ldbm is letting you add it because it doesn't do as much locking/checking/transactionalstuff as bdb, but is unable to actually work with an entry of this size. ldbm is being dropped, so I wouldn't recommend pursuing it.