Re: Problem when insert and modify entry with many attribute

Hi,

your solution work fine. I'm using this configuration:

# one 0.25 GB cache
set_cachesize 2 524288000 3
set_lk_max_locks 1000000
set_lk_max_lockers 1000000
set_lk_max_objects 1000000
# Data Directory
#set_data_dir db

Now I have to optimize the time of ldapmodify, currently I'm insert an
attribute in 23sec.

Any idea ?

thx

andrea

On 7/27/06, matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:
On 7/27/06, andrea <battaglia@exentrica.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> i've installed openldap 2.3.20 and Berkeley db 4.2.52.
>  I'm trying to import an entry with 500000 attributes (attribute is the same
> and is multivalue) with slapadd.
>
> ex:
>
> domain: domain1.it
> domain: domain2.it
> .
> .
> domain:domain500000.it
>

> I obtain the error when i'm using BDB database:
>
> ../sbin/slapadd -v -f ../etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l finale.ldif
>
> added: "o=mailce" (00000001)
> added: "cn=Manager,o=mailce" (00000002)
> bdb(o=mailce): Lock table is out of available locks
> => bdb_idl_insert_key: c_get failed: Cannot allocate memory (12)
> => bdb_tool_entry_put: index_entry_add failed: Accessing a corrupted shared
> library (80)
> => bdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! Accessing a corrupted shared library
> (80)

I think:
Lock table is out of available locks
Is the key to this problem.  Research on sleepycat for a way to
increase the size of the lock table, and I think you'll be in
business.  Probably something along the lines of set_lk_max_locks
(although your database might already be corrupted)

> slapadd: could not add entry dn="providerName=test,o=mailce" (line=3000036):
> txn_aborted! Accessing a corrupted shared library (80)
>
> Setting in slapd.conf:
> database bd
> cachesize 4000000
> checkpoint  512 720
> dbnosync
> dirtyread
> searchtack 5
>

> I don't have any error when I'm using LDBM database.
> If add the entry with LDBM database I've this problem:
>
> I'm searching to modify the entry ( add attribute  , modify attribute ,
> etc ).
> I'm using ldapmodify, but the operation time is very long and I cannot
> modify the entry.

I suspect ldbm is letting you add it because it doesn't do as much
locking/checking/transactionalstuff as bdb, but is unable to actually
work with an entry of this size.  ldbm is being dropped, so I wouldn't
recommend pursuing it.

--
EXENTRICA srl
via Giuntini, 25 / int. 9