Re: lastmod and index corruption

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 11:18, Eric Irrgang wrote:
> I'll be looking at BDB 4.4 for OL 2.3.x but I couldn't get BDB 4.2 to work
> with more than a total of 4 Gigs of db cache.  4.3 changed the limit from
> "4 GB max" to "4 GB per cache segment".  Has a patch been backported to
> 4.2 to resolve this limitation?

I've not had an issue using > 4GB with BDB 4.2.52 under Solaris.. You just
have to use more than one section, like:

set_cachesize 8 0 2

BDB 4.4 has the improvement of allowing you to have very large single
partitions.

In any case, you use BDB 4.3 at your own risk, as long noted.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer