Re: slapd circularity?

Thanks for your reply.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:07:27PM -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
> Ryan Lovett wrote:
> > I'm having trouble strong-binding Mac clients to an OpenLDAP server and I
> >think its due to my confusion about the SASL configuration. I'm seeing the
> >message
> >
> >  slap_ap_lookup: str2ad(cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5): attribute type undefined
>
> This message is harmless.

Alright, though my SASL setup also happened to be botched. (It wasn't
actually looking at the slapdb.)

> > For this to happen, do I configure SASL via /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf to
> >use an ldapdb storage?
>
> No. The ldapdb docs explicitly say never to do this. slapd has its own
> SASL auxprop mechanism built in and doesn't need anything else.

Which document says this?

cyrus-sasl-2.1.21/doc$ grep -li ldapdb *
Makefile
install.html
options.html

openldap-2.3.19/doc$ grep -Ri ldapdb .
openldap-2.3.19/doc$

I couldn't find mention of this warning, but I could be looking in the
wrong place.

Regards,
Ryan