Re: Client not getting reply from slapd-ldap proxy

Raphaël Ouazana-Sustowski wrote:
On Ven 20 janvier 2006 00:57, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 15:47 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:

I suppose we could make back-ldap read the remote servers
subschemasubentry at startup time, or something, and import any schema
definitions that didn't clash with local ones.
That's essentially what our module does. The "hard" part is to convince
OpenLDAP to read Sun ONE's or AD's schema, or even OpenLDAP 2.0's :)

For Sun ONE's (or at least Netscape DS), my module worked fine ; see ITS#3429 in contrib.

Ah yes, I had remembered this was brought up before, but couldn't remember the details. I'm thinking that we should just integrate the code into back-config. Unfortunately there aren't any hooks for extending the current global config tables, otherwise I'd just leave it as a separate module. Something to think about, perhaps in 2.4.

--
 -- Howard Chu