Re: Client not getting reply from slapd-ldap proxy

Oops, thought this was openldap-psychics@OpenLDAP.org. ;)

On 01/19/2006 04:09 PM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> I think this is the right list; however, you should provide a bit more
> info; for example, details about your logs (e.g. logs of your sample
> request at level "-d stats,trace,args",

Here's the output of 'slapd -d stats,trace,args' where the slapd starts
and I run one query against it:

   http://www.ice.mtu.edu/~jamyles/openldap/slapd.out

The query (same as before):

   ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "dc=foo,dc=bar" "uid=jamyles"

> and more about your slapd.conf;

The entire slapd.conf:

   include	/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

   pidfile	/usr/local/var/run/slapd.pid
   argsfile	/usr/local/var/run/slapd.args

   access to *
   	by anonymous read

   database	ldap
   suffix	"dc=foo,dc=bar"
   uri		"ldap://ldap.foo.bar/";

> (you may safely omit "lastmod off", as indicated in slapd-ldap(5)).

I saw that earlier in testing, and removed it from my config.

> BTW, it should have really nothing to do with your issue, but back-ldap,
> and the entire suite, saw some development since 2.3.13; you should
> definitely consider upgrading.

The above is with a freshly-built 2.3.18 (as the debug output shows).

Thanks in advance for your help; sorry if I sounded impatient or
demanding before.

Josh