Client not getting reply from slapd-ldap proxy

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an LDAP proxy running, but I'm running into some
strangeness. I'm running OpenLDAP 2.3.13, with the slapd-ldap database.

Here's the relevant parts of my slapd.conf:

   database        ldap
   suffix          "dc=foo,dc=bar"
   uri             ldap://ldap.foo.bar
   lastmod         off

   access to *
   	by * read

It seems to be working properly, but I'm having trouble geting query

   ldapsearch -x -h ldap.foo.bar -b "dc=foo,dc=bar" "uid=jamyles"

I get the search results as expected, ending in

   # search result
   search: 2
   result: 0 Success

   # numResponses: 2
   # numEntries: 1

But against my proxy,

   ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "dc=foo,dc=bar" "uid=jamyles"

gives me no results, and this

   # search result
   search: 2
   result: 0 Success

   # numResponses: 1

Running slapd in debug mode shows me that the proxy does get the
client's search result back, but for some reason it's not passing it on
to the client.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh