Re: Client not getting reply from slapd-ldap proxy

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 00:07 +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> Apparently, the proxy doesn't know about "foobarUniqueIdentifier" and
> thus DN normalization fails.

Note: I'm happy with proxy normalization of proxied data, because this
allows it to interact with the rest of the software (back-ldap is the
backbone of a number of overlays, for example).  However, it might be
desirable to be able to let proxied data pass thru in cases like this,
if the proxy is "dumb" and doesn't have to do anything special with the
proxied data.  This is just a consideration; I'm not sure it's that
easy, because the frontend itself might make some assumptions on the
data it's handling, so having non-normalized, or partially normalized
DNs around might not be that good.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution