Re: REPLACE_BROKEN_YIELD [was Re: Comparing OpenLDAP on Linux 2.6/Sol 10 ]

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:27:32 -0500
"James F. Hranicky" <jfh@cise.ufl.edu> wrote:

> Interestingly enough, though, when searching for just on attribute, the
> linux queries come out on top, about 10K r/s vs 8K r/s on sol10.

I spoke a little too soon. Linux only comes out faster when searching for
the "dn" attribute. When searching for any other single attribute both
boxes come out in a dead heat. As other attributes are added, the queries
to Linux become slower than those to Solaris in a roughly linear fashion.
The more attributes, the wider the gap beteen the two.

Jim