Re: REPLACE_BROKEN_YIELD [was Re: Comparing OpenLDAP on Linux 2.6/Sol 10 ]

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:10:48 -0800
Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> As a comparison, with 12 clients querying, I maxed out my 100MB ethernet
> with the size of entries I'm using at 8,664 searches/second, and by
> dropping the entire entry and using just a single attribute returned, got
> around 14,400 searches/second.  That's on a dual CPU 3.0ish GHz P4.  Of
> course, rates depend on many different things.

Ok, how does this stack up as a rough test of OL capabilities?

    ypcat passwd | awk -F: '{print $1}' | \
    ldapsearch -H ldap://$host -x -f - uid=%s > /dev/null

Running this test gives me similar results to the DB dump: sol10 is about 3x
faster. I'm getting about 4K records/s on sol10 and 1.3K r/s on Linux.

Interestingly enough, though, when searching for just on attribute, the
linux queries come out on top, about 10K r/s vs 8K r/s on sol10.

Jim