REPLACE_BROKEN_YIELD [was Re: Comparing OpenLDAP on Linux 2.6/Sol 10 ]

What does this value do, and is it best to leave it set on x86 Linux v2.6.xx kernel?

This value appears to be set by "configure". I'm trying to build an RPM so would have to modify that value after "configure", but I'd like to know what it's going to affect first. Stability is more important than speed, but better speed would be nice. Should I just setup a test and see if it works on my server?

I ran 1.5 million unique searches on my test server, a 2.4.Ghz P4 (with a maxtor IDE HD, I might add) from fifteen different clients and finished in 24 minutes. This is 1000 completed searches per second, more than enough for my needs, but hey...... "fast = good"...no?

James F. Hranicky wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:47:18 -0800