Re: 2.3.11 syncrepl failing - send_ldap_response: ber write failed

--On Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:36 PM +0200 Buchan Milne <bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:

On Thursday 05 January 2006 01:53, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:46 PM -0800 Ron Grant

<rgrant@shuttle.net> wrote:
> I really only need to know if anyone has any idea what it is trying to
> write when it fails with a "ber write failed"? I've already "worked
> around" one bug in syncrepl (the one about not creating glue entries)
> and would be happy to work around this problem while syncrepl
> stabilizes. I'm MUCH more comfortable using the "stable" release.....

The sad fact here, though, is that "stable" is really a misnomer if you
are using it to guide what you run in production.  It is simply the most
proven release to be marked stable since the last "stable" release.

Unfortunately, plain 2.3.11 is pretty bad, especially on linux with a 2.6 kernel ... it is rather counter-productive to have it listed as stable IMHO (even if linux is only one of many platforms supported).

It was no good for me on Solaris, either. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer