Re: 2.3.11 syncrepl failing - send_ldap_response: ber write failed

Thanks, Quanah, I should have added that I am aware that 2.3.11 is all of three months old, and I am aware of 2.3.14, and am hoping to get the time to build an RPM based on it (we try to avoid CVS software on production servers), and I am sure that eventually the folks who run the www.openldap.org website will see fit to declare 2.3.14 the latest stable release instead of 2.3.11, however for now I cannot "just upgrade", and I have looked at the changelog for 2.3.14 and while I see some syncrepl changes, none of them seem to mention fixing a problem that causes slapd to exit ungraciously.

By the time I get 2.3.14 installed....Oops! Look at that! 2.3.15 is out!

I can't always "Get the latest version" because new versions appear too quickly. I know that it's a waste of everyone's time to be debugging an older version (and if "upgrade" is the answer, then upgrade it is), but it's also a waste of time chasing the newest version only to learn that I didn't have a configuration value set correctly - and 98% of errors I find are the result of my misuse of software, not from actual bugs.

I really only need to know if anyone has any idea what it is trying to write when it fails with a "ber write failed"? I've already "worked around" one bug in syncrepl (the one about not creating glue entries) and would be happy to work around this problem while syncrepl stabilizes. I'm MUCH more comfortable using the "stable" release.....