Re: syncrepl w/ 2.3 and bdb 4.3 working great

--On Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:29 PM -0400 Dusty Doris <openldap@mail.doris.cc> wrote:

For now, I have elected to use bdb as the backend as its working great
with my testing.

BTW - with bdb as the backend instead of hdb, I the same test as I was
before for using syncrepl and compared the two database to the master.
They all checked out, so replication still looks fine in either of these
scenarios for me (bdb 4.2 or 4.3 w/ bdb as the backend).

You don't want to use back-hdb until 2.3.8. Howard & I profiled HDB and it is now 4.6 times faster than it was previously. It is on par with back-bdb at that level.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer