Re: substring index oddity

--On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:09 PM -0500 John Madden <jmadden@ivytech.edu> wrote:

This is ITS#2588, fixed in OpenLDAP 2.3. The fix is also in the version
of OpenLDAP 2.2 packaged by Symas in our CDS products. Using
vendor-supplied software instead of compiling your own is OK, as long as
you choose the right vendor to supply the packages. ;)

Until it's marked "Stable" or someone says so at the very least, I can't buy into v2.3. This is for the college's enterprise directory, one of those do-or-die sorts of things...

Gee, that's exactly what I run. ;)

I've currently got OpenLDAP 2.3.6 in my test & dev environments. If things proceed as planned, I'll be upgrading production to 2.3.6 in September.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer