Re: database glue with 2.3.4

Pierangelo Masarati writes:
> I suggest you file an entry in the FAQ after playing a bit with it.

I'd rather put an example in the slapo-glue(5) manpage,
and just append a reference to that in the faq-o-matic.
E.g. here is ours (with uio.no -> example.com:-)

EXAMPLES

    database        bdb
    suffix          cn=users,cn=system,dc=example,dc=com

    database        bdb
    suffix          cn=system,dc=example,dc=com
    overlay         glue
    glue-sub        cn=users,cn=system,dc=example,dc=com

    database        bdb
    suffix          dc=example,dc=com

    Searches from cn=system,dc=example,dc=com will now search users as
    well.  On the other hand, searches from dc=example,dc=com will not
    search the other databases.

It might also be useful with a HISTORIC OPTIONS section or something in
slapd.conf(5) about directives that no longer work or have changed
significantly.

--
Hallvard
For sale: Parachute. Never opened, used once, slightly stained.