Re: database glue with 2.3.4

I wrote:
> I'd rather put an example in the slapo-glue(5) manpage,

I'll also add the following, unless someone protests.  Are there
circumstances where this is bad advice?

NOTES

    Databases that are glued together should usually be configured with
    the same indexes, even for attributes that only exist in some of
    these databases.  A search for an attribute which is only indexed in
    some of the glued databases must otherwise examine each entry in the
    search scope in the other databases, looking for the attribute.

    If the extra indexes assist searches one would prefer not to
    support, these can be disabled with access controls in some of the
    databases.  E.g.:
        access to attrs=cn by * =rcxd
    See slapd.access(5).

--