Which OS

Hi all we are about to deploy OpenLDAP to production and would like to
know which linux OS is the best. I appreciate that this usually boils
down to personal preference, but would still like to hear from this
group before we make a final decision. I have built and deployed
everything on RHES3 and must say it was far from pretty and seemed much
more difficult than my original Debian implementation. Now that we are
about to go live I approached our linux admins and they were horrified
at the thought of going with RH and gave some reasons, but nothing
substantial. Any advice, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

ed