(64) naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

Heya List!

Thanks for all help! After a few days of "debugging" i just thought that i
should start over and it actually went better, much better but not
perfect =)
It still fails over some attribute thats not present. The thing im trying to
do is to import an .ldif file that i exported with the slapcat command. Im
trying with an completely empty database, it created the complete "tree" and
everything looks nice untill i get the errormessage naming attribute 'dc' is
not present in entry.

This is the commandline that i execute:

bash$ slapadd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf  -l ldap_dump.ldif
slapadd: dn="dc=com,ou=DNS,o=outpost24" (line=1239): (64) naming
attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

This is a part of the .ldif file that fails

... SNIP

dn: dc=com,ou=DNS,o=outpost24

SMIP ...

If someone has any tips it would really be appreciated, im starting to
loose faith in LDAP.

Best regards
David Jacoby

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

>David Jacoby writes:
>>Thanx for your email, i tried to add that line to my ldif
>>file but its still not working, i dumped the database with
>>This is how the ldif file looks:
>>dn: ou=ispman,o=outpost24
>>o: outpost24
>>objectClass: organizationalUnit
>>objectClass: top
>>ou: ispman
>>structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit
>Sorry, my mistake.
>>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>>(...) An entry must contain the attribute matching its RDNs.
>Misplaced 's'.  It must contain the attributeS matching its RDN.
>"o=outpost24" is not in that entry's RDN, so that entry does not need
>"o".  OTOH, it needs "ou: ispman".
>The error for that object is because it does not have any object class
>which allows the attribute "o".  From that entry, remove "o: outpost24".

David Jacoby
Research & Development
Outpost24 Security

tel: +46-(0)455-612311