Re: Plea for Server Side Sorting

In my limited logic and knowledge of OpenLDAP/slapd internals...
No matter how complex the query (using indexing or not) there is still
produced a result set.  Maybe someone can enlighten me, but I'm guessing
that result set is stored in memory before it is sent to the client (or
paged to the client).  In that time between the result set being produced
and the result set being sent to the client, can't the records be sorted?

My knowledge is also limited, but, I don't believe that is the case.
I believe that under the current implementation, each member of the result
set is returned as it is determined.

Owen