Re: syncrepl 2.3.2beta

[resent to the list-only]

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 09:20 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:

>>Given the absence of docs, and having read
>The 2.3 manpages are up to date in the distribution. The (preliminary)
>2.3 Admin Guide is also up to date.

>>which exits:
>>slapadd: context entry is missing
>That error message indicates that the entry for the database suffix is
Could this be because we're running the OpenLDAP server 'rootless'? The
migration of several organisational trees into a single ldap server is
required whilst we migrate to a New World Order. This keep old (and
outside of our control) business functions operating, whilst new
development (and the replacement business functions) are brought
on-line. This 'feature' is something we're heavily relying on for our
migration plans.

Does replication and this rootless-ness form an unsupported case?

Thanks again.

Rob Fielding

www.dsvr.co.uk                                             Development
Designer Servers                                    Business Serve Plc

    "I don't pretend to understand Brannigans Law. I merely enforce it"
        - Zapp Brannigan