Re: ldap slave master relationship

> TCP is two-way.  If the master can't talk to the slave it won't work.
> I'd suggest putting a new nic in the master and give it a private address
> and use that network to talk between the master and slave.
> Read this to learn how to setup a master/slave pair.
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/replication.html

This may not necessarilly be accurate... The inability of the master to
"talk" to the slave is perhaps just a result of the non-routable address
that the slave will be using. If the slave can establish a TCP
connection to the master then you should have enough for replication to
occur via the syncrepl method. See the following links for more

Essentially the sync replication mechanism allows the client to connect
to the server and pass a cookie notifying the server of the state of
it's DIT. The server then sends changes back to the slave using standard
search result mechanisms. So if the slave can do a search on the master
it can replicate via syncrepl...

Lee Jensen