Re: short filter search

Jon Roberts wrote:

As I recall, OpenLDAP is configured by default to limit search filters to at least 3 significant characters. For example, by default the filter

would hang for a *long* time. I have been unable to find the prior message that explains what needs to be done to change this before building OpenLDAP. Could somebody please point to what code I should change before compiling if I want to reduce this threshold to say 2?

I found the thread:

so to answer my own question, I should change nothing because initial and final substrings index minimum key length is 2. However, for (*ab*), the substring index key length is set in servers/slapd/slap.h. Sorry to be a bother, but if this isn't it

could somebody set me straight? I'll give it a go, otherwise.

You might want to have a look at this ITS http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Contrib?id=2661

A version of this feature is now in OpenLDAP 2.3.

Filtering now works better for filters using longer subinitial and subfinal filter strings as well.

The slapd.conf(5) manpage in OpenLDAP 2.3 has of course been updated to describe the new substring index configuration options.

 -- Howard Chu