Re: short filter search

Jon Roberts wrote:
As I recall, OpenLDAP is configured by default to limit search filters to at least 3 significant characters. For example, by default the filter

would hang for a *long* time. I have been unable to find the prior message that explains what needs to be done to change this before building OpenLDAP. Could somebody please point to what code I should change before compiling if I want to reduce this threshold to say 2?

I found the thread:

so to answer my own question, I should change nothing because initial and final substrings index minimum key length is 2. However, for (*ab*), the substring index key length is set in servers/slapd/slap.h. Sorry to be a bother, but if this isn't it

could somebody set me straight? I'll give it a go, otherwise.

Jon Roberts