[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: slow search on indexed attribute
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: RE: slow search on indexed attribute
- From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu>
- Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 09:30:33 -0400 (EDT)
- In-reply-to: <7A1D7964C7C943419AB6D2C323383853024751D2@excsrv44.mayo.edu>
- References: <7A1D7964C7C943419AB6D2C323383853024751D2@excsrv44.mayo.edu>
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 at 1:06pm, Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
> >It looks like if I do a search for 3 or less characters, it fails to
> >use the index.
> Because the index key length is defined (in slap.h) to be 4 characters.
Is there a discussion someplace about why the number 4 was chosen and
the repercussions of choosing a smaller number?
Frank Swasey | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
Systems Programmer | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
University of Vermont | just like everyone else.
=== God bless all inhabitants of your planet ===