Re: Building 2.2.19 from source

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 17:25 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> -----
> possibly but I think I would benefit greatly from the experience of
> compiling myself since it's not only the original install but the
> continued maintenance/updates of the parts and pieces too.

---
OK learning experience getting richer all the time.

Think I am finally down to compiling openldap-2.2.19

OK - getting closer - it seems to configure but the Makefile is empty...
#cat Config

#!/bin/sh
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local \
    --disable-ipv6 \
    --with-cyrus-sasl \
    --with-kerberos \
    --with-tls \
    --enable-monitor \
    --enable-dynamic \
    --enable-phonetic \
    --enable-slapd \
    --enable-spasswd \
    --enable-rlookups \
    --enable-wrappers \
    --enable-crypt \
    --enable-hdb \
    --with-dyngroup=yes \
    --with-proxycache=yes

# tail config.status
  fi
fi; done

chmod +x tests/run
date > stamp-h
echo Please run \"make depend\" to build dependencies

exit 0

As one might assume, with an empty Makefile...
# make depend
make: *** No rule to make target `depend'.  Stop.

I hate to keep bugging Quanah on this and I am now on openldap so I
figure this is reasonable to ask the list.

Thanks

Craig