Re: About slapd memory leak

--On Monday, December 27, 2004 6:22 PM +0900 ZhangPu <zhang@fjh.fujitsu.com> wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I knew several bug memory leaks correction have been issued with the
newest or the earlier release.

But for 2.1.19 or 2.1.22, it seemed like no explanation about this. I
don't know, why the problem occurred in solaris 8 when use 2.1.19 or
2.1.22? (Both enviroment of Sarah.burke's and mine are Solaris 8.)

Also you said the memory leak "can occur (though not often) between the
threads.", would you please explain it in detail?
Thank you.

Best regards
Pu

Hi Pu,

I didn't say there was a memory leak that can occur between threads. I said there was an issue. More specifically, it is possible for a thread buffer to be overrun, causing slapd to segfault.

See:
<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/openldap-build-42.html>

As for 2.1.19-2.1.22, I can vouch for the fact that they had some very serious issues. If you are going to run on 2.1, you really should run 2.1.30. I would urge you to upgrade to 2.2.19 (plus the patch).

Stanford's directory servers are currently all running Solaris 8, and started with OpenLDAP 2.1.8. I stayed on the 2.1 line until around 2.1.25, then switched to 2.2.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer