attributes for changing password in OS X

I am trying to create a PHP page to allow users to change their passwords in OS X's open directory. However, I have been unable to find any documentation on exactly what attributes to set to accomplish this. I have gleaned some info and tried setting 'userpassword' with {crypt} and the encrypted password string but that doesn't work. I think I need to change the AuthAuthority values of 'ApplePasswordServer' and Kerberosv5' or maybe all 3. Can one of you LDAP experts help me sort this out?

Thanks.

Dennis Putnam
Sr. IT Systems Administrator
AIM Systems, Inc.
11675 Rainwater Dr., Suite 200
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Phone: 678-297-0700
FAX: 678-297-2666 or 770-576-1000
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of any part of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies, including the attachments.