Re: About slapd memory leak

--On Monday, December 27, 2004 2:31 PM +0900 ZhangPu <zhang@fjh.fujitsu.com> wrote:

Hello,

To sarah.burke:
From Openldap mailing list, I searched your mail about memory leak
problem.
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/200406/msg00120.html

I got same problem. I used version 2.1.19, in a 2 cpus solaris 8
machine, memory leak occurred. But I can't reappear it on solaris 9
and one cpu machine. I don't know where the problem is.

How did you solve this problem? Did you find the reason?

To Kurt:
Kurt said in the response page, "Please try a more recent version, such
as 2.2.13 or .14.". Would you please tell me why you recommended this?
Did you find some errors with version 2.1.19 or above about slapd memory
leak?

2.2.19 fixed several memory leaks. Prior to that release, I had issues with OpenLDAP and memory leaks. There is also an issue in 2.2.19 and earlier releases that can occur (though not often) between the threads. I have a patch on my website for it at:

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory>

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount