Question about openLDAP, bdb backend, and commits

Hi all,

We had a power outage and UPS failure last week, and the LDAP server was shut
down uncleanly.  When it came back up, surprisingly the database looked
intact except for the very last entry I had added (adding a Samba machine
account).  The only thing is, I had added that entry at least an hour before
the power outage and that system is not a busy system at all.  I was curious
about why the transaction obviously did not get written to all the internal
tables, and if there is a way that I can ensure that transactions get written
out quicker than that.  Is it a limitation with BDB backend?  I am running:
openldap2-2.2.6-37.22
db-4.2.52-85

on SuSE 9.1.  EXT3 fs.

Thanks,