Re: Question about openLDAP, bdb backend, and commits

Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:

Hi all,

We had a power outage and UPS failure last week, and the LDAP server was shut down uncleanly. When it came back up, surprisingly the database looked intact except for the very last entry I had added (adding a Samba machine account). The only thing is, I had added that entry at least an hour before the power outage and that system is not a busy system at all. I was curious about why the transaction obviously did not get written to all the internal tables, and if there is a way that I can ensure that transactions get written out quicker than that. Is it a limitation with BDB backend? I am running:
openldap2-2.2.6-37.22
db-4.2.52-85

See the Sleepycat BDB documentation re: "checkpoints"...

http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/utility/db_checkpoint.html

And also the slapd-bdb(5) manpage.

--
 -- Howard Chu