Re: BINDDN in ldap.conf

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 12:55, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> That's because there are two ldap.conf's in existence -- One for OpenLDAP,
> and one for pam_ldap or nss_ldap.  It came from PADL (http://www.padl.com)
> not OpenLDAP.org.  So, it does work, when combined with the right piece of
> software.  The issue is knowing what the right piece of software is.
> Perhaps RedHat would be more helpful if they put documentation in the
> ldap.conf file that said something like:
>
> # ldap.conf for nss_ldap and pam_ldap configuration

----
OK - don't mean to waste everyone's time on this.

RH AS 3
# head -n 5 /etc/ldap.conf
# @(#)$Id: ldap.conf,v 1.27 2003/01/17 21:37:12 lukeh Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for the LDAP nameservice
# switch library and the LDAP PAM module.
#

Once again, I am stupid...thanks for the fish.

Craig