Re: BINDDN in ldap.conf

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

man, 23.08.2004 kl. 17.25 skrev Artur Kokoszka:

That was the point. I didn't understand the "user-only" sentence.

Nor I, whose mother tongue is English and I being reasonably
intelligent.

Succinct help is really no help. Would "succinct helpers" please try to
be more explicit?

The referenced manpage http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap.conf&apropos=0&sekti
already states, near the top:

Some options are user-only. Such options are ignored if present in the
ldap.conf (or file specified by LDAPCONF).

And prior to that, it describes the difference between system-wide and user config files.

No amount of documentation will make up for people who don't read it, and people who skim are more likely to miss even more as the volume of documentation increases.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun