Re: >= (greater or equal) and <= (lower or equal) operators in search filter

--On Thursday, July 15, 2004 5:28 PM +0200 Alexandre Garel <garel.alexandre@agora.msa.fr> wrote:

according to RFC 2254, one can use >= and <= operators in a search filter.
When I try it on an attribute like uid and cn, with openldap ver 2.1.22
it does not return an error but a 0 results and in logs I can see
Is that because
- openldap ver 2.1.22 does not implement that part of RFC 2254. In this
case, does newer version do this (and which one) ? (although
seems to tell it's already implemented).
- uid and cn have no ordering  ? In this case, what shall I add to the
schema to make use of these operators on an attribute ?

This doesn't answer your question, but:

OpenLDAP-2.1.22 was a particularly broken release, I suggest moving away from it.

More to your question: Does the schema allow inequality filters on those attributes?

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services
Stanford University